Thursday 19 January 2017

Land that dream career!

Congratulations to former Cornwall College Newquay student Phil Maund, who has landed his dream job as a Ranger with Hart District Council.


Phil said: "Before Cornwall College I was training to be a professional musician. I wanted to change direction to pursue a career in the environment sector. I looked in to qualifications and applied for the FdSc Applied Ecology at Cornwall College in Newquay - and it was one of the best decisions I've made.

"For two years I learned a wide range of topics in an engaging environment and with excellent, caring staff. There was an emphasis on 'hands-on' learning, with many field trips and practical studies. I made a good number of strong friendships with others, who have themselves progressed in to successful roles.
"In order to create the best start possible for my career, I chose to top-up my foundation degree with the BSc (Hons) Environmental Resource Management at the Cornwall College Camborne campus. The facilities were excellent and the staff were very informative, supporting and made lessons valuable and enjoyable. I very much doubt that any other institution provides such good access to student support and allows great working relationships to develop between student and tutors."


"I achieved first class honours for my degree which, together with volunteering I had carried out with environmental organisations, enabled me to be a strong candidate in applying for graduate jobs. I was successful in applying for a Trainee Ranger position with Hart District Council, in Hampshire, and have been working there ever since.
"I'm very grateful to Cornwall College for providing me with the opportunity to change career direction, learn new skills, meet friends, enjoy Cornish life and ultimately achieve my first dream job."

To see the range of Zoology, Surf & Marine courses on offer  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment